I have been a user of Google Pixel phones since the very first one. I have always been a fan of Google Pixel phones, but there were always some sort of limitations in terms of specs, storage, and colors. Pixel 6 Pro have changed a lot and it really became a flagship phone, but there are small limitations if solved, it would be the perfect phone. I will share all the comments that I got from friends and family, and a lot of them started to use Google Pixel at one point because of me. This is what Google need to do to compete with Apple
- More storage options for more colors. Currently 512GB comes in black only, and some people want it in white and gold as well
- More storage options for all countries. Right now 512GB is offered in the US only and the rest of the world get a maximum of 256GB
- Sell the 512GB at more stores. Right now it is sold at Google Store US only and not Amazon, Best Busy, B&H, or Target
- Higher storage. Google should offer 1TB storage option for those who use lots of storage.
- Offer Google Pixel 6 and Google 6 Pro in more countries. Sadly India and the Middle East won’t get it, which disappointed lots of people.
- Release more colors for Google Pixel 6 Pro. The 3 options are kind of limited for people to choose from.
Google did a great job with Google Pixel entry price at $599.99, but I saw most people focusing on the Pro. That’s why you see the Pixel 6 is available everywhere, and the Pixel 6 Pro is sold out everywhere. I believe Google should focus more on Google Pixel 6 Pro, because this is what most people want. I recommend Google Pixel 6 for the basic users, but not for people who want a flagship phone.
Google should copy Apple’s strategy to compete head to head. Especially with the new pricing and features, I believe they can win lots of marketshare. I compared both Google Pixel 6 Pro vs Apple 13 Pro Max at 512GB for both. The iPhone is $300 more expensive than the Pixel. That’s why I believe Google can do a lot if they do it right.
The great thing about Apple is that Apple knows exactly what colors and storage options people want. Apple products are also available everywhere, and anyone can buy it from anywhere. I think it is very simple for Google to do the same, and once they do, they will take a lot of marketshare.