To this day, I am extremely surprised that lots of people in Kuwait use Knet for all their purchases where they can get tons of free money using credit cards. Few months ago, I got the NBK Visa Infinite Credit Card and I was surprised how fast I got a free laptop from Want it Buy it. I got the card right before I travelled, and a month after getting back to Kuwait. I had 100 KD in rewards and I redeemed them on Want it Buy it. My wife was very surprised, because she was using a horrible credit card that was barely giving any rewards. What happens is basically Visa charges the stores 2-3% or so, and they share some of that percentage with you in form of rewards. What I suggest to maximize rewards is the following
- Get the right credit card that offers the maximum rewards such as NBK Visa Infinite Credit Card
- Use credit card whenever is possible, and if the store decline, this is when you can use Knet
- Some stores try to charge you extra for using a credit card, use Knet by then
- Avoid paying credit card interest, so settle every month so you don’t get charged high interest rate
- Check the deals that your credit card is offering. For example NBK Visa Infinite Credit Card is offering 50% cash back on digital entertainment subscriptions
There are other benefits such as the lounge access and travel insurance benefits, which are very useful if used. Find the best credit card, and apply ASAP to maximize your rewards.