This is one of the worst days ever when my aunt woke up and her iPhone is stuck in recovery mode as the picture above. It seems her iPhone updated while she is sleeping and since then the iPhone got stuck. She restarted her iPhone 7 Plus using the power button and volume down and nothing happened. She got really worried because she never made any backup and she has years of photos that she really want. She called me and asked me if I can fix it, so I told her let me try it out. Her main concern was the data on the phone, so she wants it to be repaired without losing any of the data. When I got the iPhone, I spent 6 hours doing the following
- I connected it to my Macbook Pro and tried to update the iPhone via iTunes then I got error 14. My iTunes is the most updated version
- I tried different USB Cable & Ports on Macbook Pro
- I tried to update using iTunes on Windows PC
- I tried different USB cables and ports on Windows PC
- I redownloaded IPSW file and tried to update and both Macbook Pro and Windows PC
- I tried IPSW Beta Update
- I tried Repair and Exit Recovery Mode feature on different 3rd party programs, and couple of them were paid version ( Dr.Fone, 3uTools,Fixppo..etc)
I tried everything I found on the internet, but nothing worked. I told her that she has to bite the bullet and restore the phone via iTunes where she lose all the data and phone will be like new. The restore feature on iTunes was the only thing that worked and it was so sad losing all the pictures and data.
Apple should fix this issue ASAP, because lots of people are frustrated with Recovery Mode Loop and Error 14. There is no way around it except few cases.