I have been a huge fan of Google Pixel, but I stopped using them because they didn’t support VoLTE and 5G in Kuwait. I decided to switch to Samsung Z Fold because of that and now I got used to the Fold. After one of the recent updates, Google is officially supporting VoLTE for Zain. I haven’t tried STC yet, so I am not sure, but Ooredoo doesn’t support it so far. I hope Ooredoo support the Pixel it in the end, I would love to switch to Google Pixel Fold, but I am not convinced yet because of the thick bezels. My current issues with Samsung Fold is that it no longer open 180 degrees, and that happened with me twice so far. The hinges are not very durable because I have a thick cover, yet the phone hinges get damaged after small drops. I will wait to check out Z Fold 5, and see if I should upgrade or not.
Tag Archives: VoLTE support in Kuwait
I have been a Google Pixel fan for a very long time. I started using Nexus phones from the Nexus 4, and went up to Google Pixel 7 Pro. Every release I hope Google fix few things that will definitely improve sales, but sadly they never did and I don’t think they will anytime soon. These are the things that they need to fix
- VoLTE in the Middle East: Until today, this was never turned on, and people in the Middle East have been asking for it in the forums for many years. Among my friends and family, we are all struggling with Google Pixel phones for not having VoLTE, and this is a very important feature. The sad thing is that some people are turning using the root access
- Airdrop: I need a feature like Apple Airdrop to easily move files between my Pixel phone to my PC or Mac. This will make my life much easier, and I never liked any of the 3rd party apps
- Ease of Transfer: I personally prefer the way when iPhone users transfer their data from one iPhone to another because they continue exactly where they left of. All apps and settings are exactly the same, and Android should do it the same exact way.
- Availability in the region: The Google Pixel lineup and parts should be available everywhere, because right now it is hard to buy and hard to repair. Few times I sent my Google Pixel phones to the US for repair. Last time I bought a new screen and fixed it in Kuwait, but i had to wait a long time for the screen to arrive.
- Value: The Google Pixel should be like Toyota cars where it retains value. The iPhone retain value in a an impressive way where the price barely drops compared to Android. My last experience was when I bought Samsung Z Fold 2 for more than 600 KD, and in less than 2 years, no one wants to buy it for more than 100 KD. I don’t mind a price drop, but not that much.
The above items people have asked for aren’t new, and people have asked for a very long time. I don’t mind if Google start with #1 ASAP and do the rest later.